Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day Recap

Friday was a busy day! Our school celebrated Valentine's Day and participated in Jumprope for Heart, the fundraiser for the American Heart Association. Since it was Friday we also had a reading test and a spelling test. My students did so great, other than a few tummy aches!

In math, we finished our graphing unit with a test on Thursday, so on Friday we did M&M Graphing! The kids loved it. This freebie requires students to record their data in a tally chart, and then graph it in a bar graph and a pictograph. Then we ate M&Ms!

             

With my 4th graders it was a normal busy day of working on our writing (our state test is so soon!!!) and taking our Friday tests. At the end of the day we did get to enjoy our Valentine treats though. My students were so sweet to each other. Their Valentine bags were so full of treats they began falling off the board from where they were hanging, that I had to take them all down. One student made personalized wordles for everyone, another made rainbow loom bracelets for everyone. And as their teacher they spoiled me silly! My students make coming to work easy. One even made a Tagul for me since we learned all about them in writing. 






We have off tomorrow for President's Day and on Tuesday we have a field trip! Looking forward to another fun week with my students and our last week of prepping for our big writing test!

No comments:

Post a Comment