Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Addition and Subtraction Superstars!

My first grade math class is rocking the addition and subtraction lately! They love practicing on Reflex Math when we have some extra computer time. I made this packet for them to practice solving their facts independently. Then I read the directions and they color according to the key. Lastly, we discuss the patterns that arise when colored. I love these pages because they provide practice with so many different skills and my students ENJOY them. So it's a win-win! These activities come from my Valentine's Day Math Practice for 1st-2nd grade. I also made a version for 3rd and 4th graders.



Last week we worked on these other addition and subtraction pages. They now hang as decoration on our walls. These pages take around 15 minutes each for my first graders to solve and color. Usually the coloring is done when they have finished other assignments. They keep them in their "fun folders" to work on later. We're going to use these pages to make valentine cards for family next week. If you teach little ones you'll be interested in this color by number freebie that's similar to the pictures below. This is always a fun time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment