Monday, February 3, 2014

100th Day of School!

Today was a blast! Celebrating the 100th Day of School is typically reserved for the younger classrooms, but why not let the older kids have some fun too?! My 4th graders definitely enjoyed our 100th Day together.

We started the morning off with our 100th Day Trail Mix (click here for a freebie if you need some ideas for ingredients). Students thoroughly washed their hands and then filled their baggies with 10 pieces of 10 different snacks. I allowed them to munch on this treat throughout the day. And the award for best teacher goes to... ;)







When students entered the room they found a math activity on their desk. They had to solve 100 math problems and then color all the problems that equalled 100 one color and the rest of the problems a different color. Most of my 4th graders finished in the 15 minutes normally reserved for Calendar Math. The rest will finish up tomorrow. Maybe I'll add one more problem to make it 101! You can find this activity in my store by clicking here.



Last week during reading students wrote about what they think life will be like when they're 100 years old. Today I finally finished taking all their photos using the Aging Booth App (only 99 cents!). The app aged them to the year 2044 (not sure why...), but made them look super old so it worked! On my lunch break I sent them to print using the CVS app and picked them up after school. The photos are hilarious! Most of my boys made silly, grumpy old men faces. I can't wait to hang these with their writing.

Our last 100th Day activity was to decorate our "I am 100 days smarter!" bookmarks. My students are ferocious readers and are always in need of another bookmark. Some of them even have a few books going at a time. Click here to check out the bookmarks in my store. Looking forward to another busy day tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment